Resources for Educators
The Albers Foundation leads an active program of educational workshops in association with museums and educational institutions around the world. For the youngest artists (preK to grade 2), please visit albersforkids.org for age-specific tutorials and materials.
Short educational videos based on teaching exercises by Josef and Anni Albers in color, weaving, and design are featured in the slideshow at left. Click navigational arrows above the image for the following Albers Foundation Workshops:
1) Interaction of Color: One Color Becomes Two
2) Interaction of Color: Afterimage
3) Interaction of Color: Gradients
4) Interaction of Color: Four Color Worlds
5) Interaction of Color: Old Masters
6) Weaving with a Card Loom
7) Weaving with a Card Loom 2
8) Leaf Creatures
9) Holiday Cards/Rearrangement Exercise
10) Drawing with Salt
Additional resources on our website include audio and video clips, original texts, and publications by Anni and Josef:
If you would like to learn more about educational resources and upcoming workshops, please contact Fritz Horstman, Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.